Nutmeg has a warm, spicy aroma that is energizing and uplifting. So whether it’s baked into spice cake or blended into tea, this pungent spice offers a warm, nostalgic taste and aroma that will make you always remember holidays.
In the world of scientists, it is called Myristica fragrans.
In the world of cooks and chefs, it is the spice that gives their food a wholesome and new aroma.
In the world of bakers, it is plainly called Nutmeg which can be the whole nut, grounded, or powdered.
In the aromatherapy world, it is called Nutmeg Essential Oil.
Nutmeg comes from an evergreen tree indigenous to Indonesia and the essential oil is extracted through steam distillation from the fruit and seeds of the tree.
Nutmeg is awesome for keeping our hormones functioning right and for keeping healthy energy levels naturally. The best way to use this essential oil is through topical application or diffusing it into the air!
- Massages – Dilute 1 drop with 1 drop of V-6™ or olive oil and massage to the desired area as needed. Nutmeg essential oil may help you for that discomfort in your lower back.
- Skin support – Do you want a fresh face that exudes radiance? Try this DIY face mask that will give you exactly that!
- Diffuse up to 30 minutes, 3 times daily to get the best benefit out of this essential oil.
As much as the Nutmeg essential oil is amazing, taking Nutmeg Vitality internally can benefit you also in a lot of ways such as cognitive function support, immune support*, and powerful antioxidants*.
Nutmeg Vitality™ essential oil has a sweet and distinctly spicy taste, making it both a powerful and versatile essential oil. It is particularly good for enhancing the flavour of winter produce such as acorn squash, sweet potatoes, and pumpkin. (That’s why you often smell it during the holiday season.)
- Take it as a dietary supplement to experience its cleansing properties and to support a healthy lifestyle.*
- Put 1 drop of Nutmeg Vitality and 1 drop of V-6™ Vegetable Oil Complex into a capsule and take it to support cognitive function.*
- Place 1–2 drops into a smoothie or green drink to support a healthy immune system.*
- Add Nutmeg Vitality to your favourite holiday baked goods.
- Use it in savoury dishes to subtly enhance and round out the flavour.
- Add 1 drop to a glass of eggnog to enhance this sweet and spicy treat.
- Cozy up by the fire with a cup of hot cocoa flavoured with a hint of Nutmeg Vitality.
- Stress-easer – With the holidays being so crazy near and fast approaching, we don’t want to feel the stress in preparing for it which can affect our adrenals. Nutmeg Vitality is a big supporter of our adrenals. Just put a drop under your tongue, or add a drop or two to a vegetable capsule as part of a daily health regimen and to give your adrenals that extra help. (They’ll thank you for it.)
- Nutmeg Vitality also supports your body’s natural production of melatonin, so take a drop before bed to help get a good night’s sleep!
Nutmeg blends well with other oils such as Orange, Clary Sage, any Eucalyptus essential oil, and Ginger. Try diffusing Nutmeg Essential Oil with these to discover new blends. Or try mixing these oils with Nutmeg Vitality to enhance your dish and baked goods.
Caution: Keep out of reach of children. For external use only. Keep away from eyes and mucous membranes. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult a health professional prior to use.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.