Since I was in college (around 7-8 years ago), you could count on your fingers the mornings that I missed drinking tea with freshly squeezed lemon right after I woke up. Even in our travels, local or abroad, I made it a point to have lemons packed in my bags or buy one at a local grocery store right after we checked-in at our hotel.
One morning missed will result in a groggy, grumpy and an inattentive girl. Wouldn’t want that. Nobody would want that.
I tried switching to the Lemon vitality essential oil but I don’t want the taste of it and I still ended drinking freshly squeezed lemon every morning with my tea.
Until last month.
I learned that citrus fruits could damage my teeth and given my daily tea with lemon juice, I don’t want to have dentures when I’m just 30 or 40 years old. We only have one set of teeth guys, so we have to take care of it the best way we could! So last month, I simply decided to switch to essential oils! And just like that, the taste of the essential oil does not bother me anymore! I don’t know why and how but maybe it’s the alarming thought of having damaged teeth when I’m still young. 😀
P.S. Citric acid, the one that damages our teeth, is not found in citrus essential oils. Read all about the science of it at The Farmacist.
I’ll keep this short. Read my most important uses for Lemon Essential Oil and also for Lemon Vitality!
Lemon Essential Oil:
- I add it in my nighttime skincare routine, for added brightness. (I cannot add it in my daytime routine ’cause citrus oils can cause photo sensitivity.)
- Helps balance oil glands and minimize oil production
- It is hypothesized that lemon essential oil has strong antioxidant properties that protect the skin from free radical damage.
- Combine a drop of lemon essential oil with Vitamin E liquid for a moisturizing and nourishing addition to your skincare routine. Vitamin E also works to fight lipid per-oxidation and free radicals, so win-win!
- Diffuse it!
- It can freshen the air.
- It can boost your mood.
- It can aid in a healthy immune system.
- It can help you to focus on your daily task.
- It’s great for those kids while doing their homework.
- It can remove the musty smell and those horrible odours you smell in your garbage can (put 2-3 drops on a cotton ball and place in the bottom of your garbage can).
- Stain Removal (before you put those clothes in the laundry)
- It can remove gum.
- It can remove oil and grease spots.
- It can remove glue or adhesive. (You know, that stubborn price tag in your new drinking glasses?)
- It can remove crayon from most surfaces.
- Though, use with caution in dark clothing as lemon essential oil has a natural lightening effect.
- I add it in my Thieves All-Purpose household spray for a refreshing scent every time I clean!
- Hands down, the best cleaner in my home. Can tackle the most stubborn dirt or stain. And its purely, natural!
- And did you know you could create your own leather conditioner?? We know that leather is expensive, so try this DIY to keep your leathers soft and supple.
- Just combine 1/4 cup fractionated coconut oil, 1/4 cup white vinegar, and 10 drops lemon essential oil. It’s that easy!
I always keep Lemon Vitality on hand in your kitchen!
- I put 1-2 drops in my tea every morning for a perfect way to start my morning!
- Supports healthy digestion and mental clarity.
- Helps detox my body.
- A great way to jump-start my day.
- Make a smoothie!
- Put a drop or two to help yourself be ready to tackle whatever work or life throws your way.
- It can also get little kids on the right track for learning.
- Infuse it in your cooking and baking!
- Create custom dressings or marinades with a few drops or substitute 1 drop of Lemon Vitality for 1 teaspoon of lemon juice in your baking.
- I could take it as a supplement.
- Add 1–2 drops to a vegetarian gel capsule and take as needed
- And my favourite! It’s included in the famous Weight Management Trio! Which I love to drink every day!
- Lemon + Peppermint + Grapefruit together are coined the “weight management trio”!
- Lemon detoxes the body, peppermint aids in digestion and also helps make you less hungry, and grapefruit helps keep your metabolism at a healthy speed.
Here are a few recipes that include Lemon Essential Oil:
*Citrus oils should always be in glass containers. They may pull toxins out of plastic containers. (Yuck!)