If we’re talking about the versatility of essential oils, Peppermint essential oil and peppermint vitality would surely land a place on that list.
Peppermint, as an herb, is one of the oldest and most highly regarded herb for soothing digestion. As an essential oil, and a very popular oil, it is becoming a favorite and must-have for both novices and experienced essential oil users.
It’s main and only ingredient, Peppermint (Mentha piperita) leaf oil, is 100% pure, therapeutic-grade essential oil. (IF you get your essential oils from Young Living. It’s safe and I trust the company.)
Peppermint Vitality, on the other hand, tastes delicious and supports healthy habits. It can support gastrointestinal system comfort, healthy bowel function, normal digestion, enhance healthy gut function, and maintain the digestive tract’s efficiency. Plus, it may support performance during exercise!
So, yes, I choose Peppermint essential oil to get all my menthol needs rather than any kind of candy.
Fresh, nostalgic, and instantly recognizable, peppermint essential oil’s scent invigorates the mind and senses while inspiring a sense of peace. It creates an uplifting aromatic experience that enhances living rooms, kitchens, offices, and everywhere in between. This is because peppermint’s aroma purifies and stimulates our brain. Research indicates that peppermint aroma, inhaled during mental tasks, may help attention, performance, and focus (Baker, et al., 2003).
Peppermint oil creates a cool, tingling sensation on the skin, making it a favorite for sports massage.
- For pre-workout massage. Apply 1-2 drops on your neck for a cool, tingling sensation and to encourage easy breathing. Or apply it as a midday neck rub.
- For post-workout massage. Dilute a few drops of Peppermint in V-6™ Vegetable Oil Complex for a refreshing massage.
- To diffuse. Blend with Lavender and Rosemary for an uplifting aroma or diffuse with Lemon in the morning to wake up.
- In your bath or shower. Blend Peppermint and Eucalyptus Radiata in hot bath water and breathe in the aromatic steam to help open your airways. You can also add Peppermint to shampoo for a scalp-stimulating wash!
- In your cleaning routine. Add to DIY cleaners or add a few drops to a sponge for a refreshing, clean scent.
- For a dragging day. Through a workout, class, or day at work—enjoy some Peppermint oil benefits by applying it to your head and neck. The refreshing aroma will give you a boost of positivity!
- For headache or head tension. Take a drop or two of peppermint essential oil and swipe it across the crown of your head, at the top of your temples (not too close to the eyes!), and behind your ears and get some relief from it all.
- For tummy problems. Place a drop on your belly button.
- For insects. Mix with water and spray baseboards to discourage spiders from hanging around.
- For car sickness. Smell and apply to temples during a car ride for carsickness.
- For focus. Diffuse with orange while working to promote concentration and focus.
- For the outdoors. Make an “Itch Stick” roller with lavender and peppermint and a carrier oil.
- As a supplement. Add 1–2 drops to a vegetarian gel capsule and take as needed.
- For flavor. Add a drop to a glass of water or blend with your pre-workout drink for an energizing start before you hit the gym.
- In the kitchen. Flavor desserts—and even some main dishes—with a drop or two of Peppermint Vitality! Add 3 drops of peppermint vitality to brownie batter.
- For concentration, alertness, and memory. Place 1-2 drops on the tongue.
- For digestion. Add a drop of peppermint vitality to a glass of water to aid in digestion.
- For bad breath. Gargle 1 drop with water to freshen breath.
- For drinks. Add 1 drop to coffee or hot cocoa during the holiday season
- For weight management. Take a capsule with 3 drops peppermint, lavender, and grapefruit to support weight management
Avoid contact with the eyes, mucus membranes, sensitive skin, or fresh wounds or burns. And, of course, do not apply on infants younger than 18 months of age ’cause we have to be careful with kids.
Feel free to contact me if you have other questions or if you’re ready to buy your very own essential oil!