Hands down? This is my favourite oil up to now. It’s just soo versatile. If I were to choose an oil to take in a zombie apocalypse? I would choose this one.
Frankincense (or in the scientific world: Boswellia Carterii)
The name Frankincense is derived from the Medieval French word for “real incense”. Frankincense is considered the “holy anointing oil” in the Middle East and has been used in religious ceremonies for thousands of years. It was well known during the time of Christ for its anointing and healing powers and was one of the gifts (Frankincense, myrrh, and gold) given to Christ at His birth (Matt 2:11). It was even mentioned way back on the Old Testament for offerings to the Lord!! The Lord accepted frankincense with their offering as a sweet savour (Lev2:2)!
“Used to treat every conceivable ill known to man,” frankincense was valued more than gold during ancient times, and only those with great wealth and abundance possessed it.
It is even mentioned in one of the oldest known medical records, Ebers Papyrus (dating from 16th century BC). Even early Sumerians and Egyptians used frankincense essential oil for incense, stomach ailments, skin care, and cosmetics; today, it continues to be prized for its usefulness.
How does its smell?
It has an earthy, balsamic aroma. It’s aroma also stimulates the brain’s emotional center, soothing and calming the mind, promotes meditation, and improves attitude. I can personally testify on the improvement of attitude and the promoting of meditation. It is effective! Whenever I caught myself not listening to preaching at church, (because my brains have huge wings(sssh!)), I will immediately put a drop of frankincense in my wrist, under my nose and behind my ears and it would help me, together with prayer, put my mind back in its place.
Physically, frankincense essential oil strengthens the immune system, aids in rejuvenating skin and promotes healing, and helps compromises respiratory systems recover.
Now, who wouldn’t want that??
A few of it’s uses:
– Aging Skin (Because everybody wants to age with grace)
– May help you when everything hurts
– May remove anything that swells or bulging
– May help you purify your body
– Worrying for nothing? This oil is for that!
– Need help to relax your breathing? Grab your Frankincense!
– For those things you get when your immune system is low.
– For those baby’s butts to be smooth and kissable.
– Emotional balance
– Tired and need refreshment? This is the magic bottle!
– Women monthly support? This is it! (Because we women today are bombarded with harmful chemicals that suppresses our blood flow . Sad, I know)
– Nightmares! Good for those monsters hiding in the closet!
– Aching joints or muscles? Rub this in!
– Do you have a mark you want to remove from your skin? Try this!
– It can calm you down. The natural way.
– Owie? This will help you!
Suggested application methods:
– Use in the bath or shower for absorption and aromatherapy benefits.
– Diffuse for aromatherapy benefits.
– Massage, neat or diluted, for physical uneasiness.
– Use with compress for muscle pain and stiffness.
My application of this amazing essential oil?
– I apply 1-2 drops to any emerging blemishes on my face (because who wants a pimple on the center of their noses) and bam! Voila! Gone after a good night’s rest!
– I also add it to all of my moisturizers, lotions and toners that I used.
– I diffuse it when I’m studying and if I need my creative juices to flow!
I have read in one of my books that Frankincense essential oil can stimulate menstrual flow. Dr. Lindsey Elmore, though, said that Frankincense is mild and may be used topically by pregnant women. But just to be safe for mommy and baby, always check with your healthcare provider.
If you are looking for an essential oil with the ability to improve mind and body alike, consider frankincense essential oil.